Nature and leisure
The hamlet of Valcasotto is the perfect occasion to come into contact with a natural environment all year round. For those going to and coming from the Italian Riviera, even by motorbike, this is the ideal alternative to the Torino-Savona motorway.
Once you reach the hamlet, there are various routes for excursions. It is the perfect place for biking and trekking, an absolute paradise for mountain-bike lovers. This is where passion for the environment truly is paramount:
• walking in the snow with “Ciaspole” (snowshoes) even at night;
• walking in the woods along the old road that leads to the hunting lodge of the House of Savoy;
• beautiful trails for horseback riding;
• ski slopes 5 minutes away and skiing areas (Frabosa, Prato Nevoso, Artesina) 30 minutes away;
• torrent for fishing.
In the vicinity:
• historical mountain museum in Serra (km 5);
• Vicoforte Sanctuary with the biggest elliptical dome in the world (km 20);
• city of Mondovì (35 Km and of Alba (17 Km);
• Mondovicino outlet (km 35);
• golf course in Montaldo Mondovì (km 17);
• historic vineyards of the Langhe (km 30-50).